All tax declarations made with Accountable are now guaranteed ⭐️
Read in 3 minutes
If you get a fine from the Tax Office, we will pay for it.
It is our way to offer complete peace of mind to everyone using Accountable to submit their taxes.
It is our commitment to you.
With over 20,000 tax declarations generated from Accountable in 2022, we have effectively become the #1 source of tax returns for the self-employed in Belgium and are on our way to realise the same in Germany.
This unique position in the market is now enabling us to realise a founder’s dream: guarantee all tax returns generated from the app.
Today, there is no other software that systematically covers fines from Tax Authorities.
There are no accountants who take on fines incurred in case of irregularities.
We take this commitment, for you, our users.
To offer you the peace of mind that you deserve.
We can do it because we are the best positioned to do it:
- Design for zero bad input: we built the app so that you cannot easily make mistakes and we are committed to constantly improving this.
- Deep automated checks: for every submission, we automatically check the status of every document and make sure they are correct, were reviewed and not submitted before. We check for potential mistakes in your expenses and invite you to discuss difficult cases with us. We let you know if any of those checks failed.
- Always correct attachment management: for every expense and every revenue, based on the category and type, we check which justification is needed for each tax declaration. We don’t let you deduct expenses or declare revenue if not justified by the proper documents.
- Link to the bank: by letting you connect up to 5 bank accounts in the app and automatically reconciling expenses and revenue, we help you maintain a clean accounting, hence dramatically reducing the risk of mistakes & irregularities.
This guarantee answers the most important problem you have shared with us.
It is also the reason why we exist: offering you complete peace of mind.
👍 Who gets the guarantee?
All tax declarations are by default guaranteed if they are initiated by:
- any PRO user that meets the Safety Score criteria
- any accountant whose client meets the Safety Score criteria
✅ What does the guarantee cover?
The guarantee covers any error or omission in the tax declaration that result in fines being imposed by the Belgian Tax Authorities, up to 5,000€ per declaration, excl. fraud and non-submission of taxes.
If the user made a mistake (e.g. encoding a document, adding a forbidden expense), we rely on Tax Authorities to say if the guarantee applies:
- Tax Authorities decide that it was NOT carried out with the intention of eluding taxes: in this case, only non-proportional fines can be issued and we cover it as part of the guarantee.
- Tax Authorities decide that it was carried out with the intention of eluding taxes: in this case, proportional fines can be issued and we DON’T cover it as part of the guarantee.
🚫 Which cases are not covered by the guarantee?
The guarantee does not cover:
- newly calculated or additional taxes decided by Tax Authorities after e.g. a tax audit
- penalties for fraud & tax evasion
- interests on taxes
- fines issued after the guarantee validity period (365 days after submission)
The guarantee neither applies in the following cases:
- The user willingly committed fraud, as stated by Tax Authorities, during the period covered by this declaration.
- The user submitted their declaration late more than once or did not submit at all.
- The user forgot to add documents for the period of the declaration or submitted a document twice, despite warnings displayed in the app.
- The user was ever asked by Tax Authorities to pay a fine for fraud or see their revenue corrected by the Tax Office in any period prior to the submission.
- The user belongs to any of those special tax regimes: mixed VAT, margin VAT, or agriculture.
- The user did not fulfill the eligibility criteria for the guarantee (safety score), as displayed in the app.
⭐️ And now, what happens?
You can focus on what really matters: build your business, live your passion.
We stand here, as always, if you have any questions or would like our help.
In the meantime, all the best and nothing of the rest for 2023.
You are the boss.
On behalf of the entire Accountable team
Did you find what you were looking for?
We’re sorry to hear that.
Can you specify why this article wasn’t helpful for you?
Thank you for your response. 💜
We value your feedback and will use it to optimise our content.